Enrollment at Douglass Psychology Child Study Center is open to children from
2 through 5 years of age. Enrollment shall be granted without regard to a
child’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, or
disability; and without regard to a parent or guardian’s race, color,
creed, religion, age, national origin, gender, pregnancy or disability.
For safety and security reasons, tours of the Center are only available to parents of children who have joined our waiting list. After parents have joined the Waiting List, they may contact our Tour Desk by calling 848-932-8881 and selecting option 6 from the main menu to arrange a tour of our program. Tours are scheduled during the morning hours to allow parents the opportunity to the children engaged in a variety of classroom activities. Tours are not scheduled during the months of September and January as the first month of school and/or a new semester are dedicated to assisting the new children and college students in transitioning into our program.
All openings in the Center are filled from the Waiting List. Parents can apply to the Waiting List for their child at Douglass Psychology Child Study Center by completing the Online Waiting List Application or by submitting a hard copy Application to the Director. Applying to the Online Waiting List does not guarantee any child a place in the program. Parents who apply to the Waiting List will be contacted when a place in the program becomes available for which their child is eligible to apply.
Generally, the procedure is as follows:
- Parent applies for the Online Waiting List.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the parent which will include the Enrollment Application.
- The parent is encouraged to visit the Center for a tour upon joining our Waiting List. Only parents who have joined the Waiting List are permitted to tour the Center for security reasons.
- The parent completes the Enrollment Application and returns it to the Center with the $25 Application Fee.
- An opening becomes available in the program and the parent receives a formal Enrollment Offer Letter.
- The parent accepts the Enrollment Offer and signs an Enrollment Contract and Admission Agreement which are returned with a Tuition Deposit equivalent to one month's installment.
- Upon receipt of the signed Enrollment Contract, signed Admission Agreement,Tuition Deposit, and Registration Fee, the parent will receive an Admission Packet.
- Enrollment is formally confirmed only upon receipt of the completed Admission Packet, Tuition Deposit and Application Fee.
Want to Apply to the Online Waiting List? Click here
Monthly tuition rates are for full-time, full-day attendance only, whether the child actually attends full-time or not. These tuition rates apply as of July 2016:
Jellybeans (2- and 3-year-olds):
RU Affiliates: $1085/month
Tuition includes all diapers, training pants and wipes for children who are not potty trained.
Gummibears (4- and 5-year-olds):
RU Affiliates: $985/month
Initial enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the completed enrollment application, signed fee agreement, registration fee, deposit, immunization records and signed Parent Handbook receipt. The Enrollment Application and Fee Agreements are not meant to serve as contracts guaranteeing service for any duration.
All openings are filled from the Waiting List. In the event that the Center is fully enrolled, a child’s name will remain on the Waiting List for future consideration. Priority consideration is given in this order:
1-Psychology Department Employees;
3-Current Rutgers Employees;
Parents interested in possibly enrolling their child in the Center should call or e-mail the Director, Jennifer Manuola (848-932-8881, firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the Center's programs and/or to arrange a visit to the Jellybean Classroom or the Gummibear Classroom. The Center's application can be downloaded Application and Fee Agreement.