Enrollment at Douglass Psychology Child Study Center is open to children from
2 through 5 years of age. Enrollment shall be granted without regard to a
child’s race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, gender, or disability; and without regard to a parent or guardian’s race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, gender, pregnancy or disability.
For safety and security reasons, tours of the Center are available during Open House programs to parents of
children who have joined our waiting list. Open House dates will be announced through email to families on our waiting list.
All openings in the Center are filled from the Waiting List. Parents can apply to the Waiting List for their child at Douglass Psychology Child Study Center by completing
the Online Waiting List Application. Applying to the Online
Waiting List does not guarantee any child a place in the program. Parents who apply to the Waiting List will be contacted
when a place in the program becomes available for which their
child is eligible to apply. Enrollment in our classrooms is based
on age and children will automatically be assigned to the waiting list for the classroom for which they are old enough to attend.
Generally, the procedure is as follows:
- Parents apply for the Online Waiting List and receive an email confirmation.
- Parents are encouraged to visit the Center for a tour during an Open House event. Only parents who have joined the Waiting List are permitted to tour the Center for security reasons.
- An opening becomes available in the program and the parents and child(ren) will be invited to complete an Enrollment Application and to come for a Center Playdate in the classroom for which the child will enroll. The parents will be present in the classroom with their child during the Playdate.
- The parents will participate in a Pre-Enrollment conference following the Playdate.
- Once an Enrollment Offer is extended and accepted, parents will sign an Enrollment Contract and Admission Agreement, which are returned with a Tuition Deposit equivalent to one month's installment and the Registration Fee.
- Upon receipt of the signed Enrollment Contract, signed Admission Agreement, Tuition Deposit, and Registration Fee, the parent will receive an Admission Packet.mission Agreement,Tuition Deposit, and Registration Fee, the parent will receive an Admission Packet.
Want to Apply to the Online Waiting List? Click here
Monthly tuition rates are for full-time, full-day attendance only, whether the child actually attends full-time or not.
All openings are filled from the Waiting List. In the event that the Center is fully enrolled, a child’s name will remain on the Waiting List for future consideration. Priority consideration is given in this order:
1-Psychology Department Employees;
3-Current Rutgers Employees;
For questions or comments about this site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Douglass Psychology Child Study Center
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
26 Nichol Avenue • New Brunswick • New Jersey 08901-2882
© 2011 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: 03/11/2011